What Information Does Averton Collect and Its Use
Individuals provide personal and non-personal information to Averton voluntarily, online or offline, through registration forms, surveys, questionnaires and transaction documents.
The personal information that we collect typically consists of your name, address, phone number and e-mail. Non-personal information does not identify you as an individual. For example, we may ask for your preference in home size or amenities to assist us in better developing our products to meet your needs. Your postal code is also an example of non-personal information that does not identify you as an individual, which assists us with our targeted advertising for upcoming projects.
Averton uses personal information that it collects for different purposes including but not limited to:
- To fulfill requests for products, services or other information;
- To offer new products and services that might be of interest to individuals, including, but not limited to providers of utilities, services and/or commodities (such as gas, electricity, water, cable, telephone, cablevision, etc) to purchased units for the purposes of marketing, promoting and providing such utilities, services and/or commodities to the purchased units;
- To provide information where required to lending institutions for the purpose of arranging financing;
- To process and complete transactions with Averton customers;
- To administer promotions;
- To communicate with individuals;
- To disseminate promotional information.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Averton does not sell, rent or provide to third parties, not related to a new home purchase, any personal information that is provided to us. The information that is provided may be used by Averton, or its' affiliated companies. However, we may share your personal information with third parties acting on our behalf as permitted by law including the following circumstances:
- Disclosure is required by law such as under a subpoena, warrant, to comply with rules of court or to legal counsel;
- We have reasonable grounds to believe that such information could be used in the investigation of unlawful activity;
- You have given us consent to disclose the information
- Disclosure to third parties (e.g. advisors, promotional and marketing agencies), affiliated and associated persons and companies for the purposes outlined above.
Averton would also like to remind individuals that any information transmitted to Averton over the Internet might be intercepted by third parties. Averton assumes no responsibility or liability for such interception or use of information transmitted over the Internet.
Links to Other Web Sites
Our web site may contain links to other web sites or Internet resources. When you click on one of those links, Averton has no responsibility or liability for or control over those other web sites or Internet resources or their collection, use and disclosure of our personal information. If you choose to visit such other web sites, we encourage you to read the privacy policies of those web sites before you provide any personal information.
When is Information Removed?
Averton keeps your information for as long as it is required for the purposes stated above and for a reasonable time thereafter or to meet any legal requirements. If and when your information is no longer needed, we either destroy it or we remove your personally identifiable information.
Access to Your Personal Information
You can verify, update, correct or amend your information as often as necessary. To do so, please contact us in writing at the address below.
Providing Personal Information Is Your Choice
You may choose not to provide us with any of your personal information. Averton collects and uses your personal information only with your expressed or implied consent. In some cases your consent is implied if we ask you to provide personal information with a stated purpose. For example, we can only process and complete a transaction if we have your personal information. If you make the decision not to provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with future information about our projects that may be of interest to you. Please note that withholding personal information in some circumstances may prevent the ability to complete a transaction with Averton for its products and services.
If you have any questions about this policy, or if you would like to opt out from receiving promotional and informational materials from Averton, please address yourself in writing to:
161 Pennsylvania Ave.,